Crompton Lamps

Crompton Lamps is one of the oldest lamp businesses in the world, founded in 1878 by the late Colonel Crompton, an entrepreneur with an interest in electricity. He designed and installed some of the earliest recorded electric lighting installations at buildings such as Windsor Castle and Holyrood Palace.

In 1927 Colonel Crompton formed a partnership with Frank Parkinson and together they founded Crompton Parkinson which developed into a substantial manufacturing business producing a whole range of industrial electrical products.

This business flourished until 1968 when it was acquired by Hawker Siddeley aerospace group where it remained until 1991 when it was acquired by the industrial conglomerate BTR. Crompton Lamps was part of Crompton Lighting; in 1999 Crompton Lighting Ltd was acquired by Cooper Industries and operated under the name of Cooper Lighting and Security Ltd.
Following a review of its strategy, Cooper Industries decided to withdraw from the lamps business and as a consequence Crompton Lamps Ltd. was acquired by its management in January 2006 and relocated to its present site in Bradford.

In October 2011 the business was acquired by GCH Corporation Limited, a private family business operating in industrial manufacturing and distribution. It specialises in a range of diverse products and services ranging from accommodation units and modular housing, to automotive components and pressings, to lighting, to steel, to agricultural products. The Group is well capitalised and seeks to grow and develop each subsidiary for the long term.

JLEDs is a distributor of their full range. Please Contact us for any product of interest.

Showing the single result